Random TV Thoughts


So I know that the blogosphere doesn't need yet another TV type of blog, but I can't help it, this is not only what I'm really passionate about at the moment but it's also the only interesting thing that I have to comment on! (I'd bore you to death if I attempted to talk about my work life and my personal life is, well, personal).

So here goes - these are my TV highlights for the week:

Wednesday:

- Dancing with the Stars The Results show: OK so I know the Monique girl had a bit of an attitude, but really she CAN DANCE WAY BETTER than Emmit Smith. Wasn't it enough that we kept Jerry Springer around for so long?! At least someone like Joey didn't get the boot, that would have pissed me up majorly, but c'mon can people actually start voting based on talent and not personality!?

Thursday:

- OC Season Premiere tonight: Unfortunately it conflicts with Grey's Anatomy which probably means the future of the OC is doomed forever. I'm sure the OC had no idea what they were going up against when they decided to keep the show on Thursday nights. But anyway, they have the Season Premiere on MySpace.com/FOX (don't understand why FOX needs a MySpace account but whatever). So I watched that this morning (while at work!) so that I don't miss it tonight because believe me, the choice between . The "OC Discourse" (iTunes podcast which covers the show - props!) says that the episode on MySpace is so bad that they don't actually think that's the real episode that will play tonight, so I guess we won't know that until it actually airs. But yes I have to agree with the OC Discourse about how bad the episode was. There are several things (i.e. too many too count) about the show which are pretty disturbing -- many of which the OC Discourse covers in great detail, but for me here's the thing: the biggest positive (how superficial am I) behind the show and the main reason for which I mourned Marissa's death so badly is that she was the single biggest source of fashion inspiration for me (I don't have a lot of time to read magazines because I have a 1 yr. old baby but I work in beauty care so I needed a place to quickly get up to speed on what are the latest fashion trends). So throughout this week I've been thinking - who will be my fashion know-how source now that Marissa's dead? I imagined it would be Summer, but her tastes haven't been quite as glamorous as Marissa's were. But lo and behold, Summer has gone completely granola - I'm sure she'll snap out of it at some point, but we now not only have one big fashion know-how hole but TWO! So who are we left with as a source of fashion inspiration? No less than Marissa's younger sister who has decided to dress in black 100% of the time not to mourn Marissa's death but because she thinks it's cool. And oh, there's a Breakfast at Tiffany/Jackie O. look-a-like, the girl that was supposed to be in France but really isn't, Taylor. Whatever. Please bring someone in fashionable to the show, otherwise I might be wearing wife-beaters pretty soon like Ryan!

One thing I do have to say - I think Caleb Nichols had a much better role as "shady bad guy" in the OC than Ugly Betty.

- Grey's Anatomy: I thought this was the best show ever, but I have to admit now I'm actually more looking forward to Ugly Betty than I am to Grey's. Also, they pissed me off last week because they didn't have a new episode. But anyway, here's a spoiler so please don't look if you're not interested: I heard on the Official ABC Grey's Anatomy podcast that the girl "McHottie" that Meredith finds McDreamy in the trailer with is actually...his sister.

Oh, and I just read in Time Magazine that George is gay in real life. "Not that there's anything wrong with that!" (Seinfeld).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gigi's Baby Shower

Marketing Jobs