Snowed In

Well, those of us who live in the Ohio valley experienced what I guess was the worst snowfall in the last 30 years (I heard something like that on the news). Approximately 8-10 inches of snow in a 24 hour period. Granted, this is what I would call a "normal" snowfall in my Boston days, but for some reason the city of Cincinnati seems to be ill-prepared for managing such copious amounts of snowflakes, and thus chaos ensued. My husband and I decided to drive in to work together on Friday which was a great idea given the fact his car couldn't have moved 2 inches in that snow. I wonder how my friend Tom did with his new BMW. On Friday afternoon there were two BMW's stranded in front of my house (one shown above). And I live on a "hilly" street, but nothing a normal car shouldn't be able to handle. But these two cars were going NOWHERE. One of them called a tow truck and even the tow truck started slipping and sliding down the street when he was trying to get the BMW on it's "back", so basically they left the car there. This morning it was still there, and every time the snow plowers came through they basically buried the car deeper and deeper in the snow. By the way, what you see between the BMW and "myself" (i.e. the camera is supposed to be the street but you couldn't even see it on Saturday around noon).

Since my husband didn't let me go out to make a snowman because of the danger of falling with my big ass over 8 lb. baby belly, Gabi kept herself entertained playing with the box in which the double stroller for her and baby brother Sebastian came (thanks Dad and sis). And also my husband and I realized we don't even know how to make a snowman even if we wanted to. But I was getting so cabin crazy I desperately needed to go out, and Gabi tends to be the same way I am...she will start putting all her winter gear on (coat, hat, scarf, mittens) and saying LET'S GO!!! Which means she is ready to go out, no negotiations accepted. So by Saturday evening my husband had dug a pathway out of our garage and we were actually able to make it outside, even if for only dinner at Longhorn instead of an actual snowman.

It seems that Spring may finally be around the corner - the temperature should hit 50 in 5 out of the next 10 days. Can't believe as a Puerto Rican I'm actually excited about 50 degree weather, but these days, I'll take what I can get!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Webcam, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://webcam-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Popular posts from this blog

Gigi's Baby Shower

Marketing Jobs