Gabi's FOUR!!! (aka CUACLO in Spanish, yes I know, she needs practice)

Gabi woke up this morning over the moon excited that it was her birthday. But something funny kept happening. She kept saying to everyone she was the birthday girl, and that she was GONNA be four, but somehow in her quirky four-year old logic, she wasn't four quite yet. I chuckled most of the morning at her logic "hole" but didn't think anything of it. At 3 pm, while I was in a meeting, Jose picked up some donut holes and took them to day care so that the kids could sing happy birthday. (I had originally stayed away from the idea, only because I knew she'd want to take "gooly bags" to all her friends and since the birthday party I'm throwing for her on Sunday is setting me back quite a bit, I decided we wouldn't do anything for her at day care. But when I woke up this morning I felt kinda bad and asked Jose to pick up something simple like donuts and take them to day care at 3 pm just so that they could sing for her, even without "gooly bags"). So she calls me up 5 minutes ago, as soon as she left day care with Jose, even MORE over the moon excited (which I didn't think was possible) to tell me "MOMMY I'M FOUR!!!!". Turns out she just needed the teachers and kids to sing happy birthday to her at school in order to make it official. Now that's LOGIC! And I didn't want to complicate things for her by mentioning she was actually born at 7:24 pm. That wouldn't be logical, that would just be cruel. :)

Comments

What a funny story. I just laughed out loud!!! Four year old logic is amazing and so true.
So does that mean if no one sings Happy Birthday to us that we won't turn another year older?? I must be only 11!

Popular posts from this blog

Gigi's Baby Shower

Marketing Jobs