When Lima is so quiet I cannot sleep

When Lima is so quiet I cannot sleep
When the kids are neatly tucked in bed
Waiting for the tooth fairy to brighten their day
And my husband's breathing is even and stead
And the sky's pinkish hue overpowers the gray
That will cover the sun come the next day
When no car, bird or dog makes their maddening noise
When runners find that perfect peace, out on the streets with just their feet
And it's only me in my bed and my running thoughts
And Lima's my lover and we get along
But then I'm jolted out of bed by the sound of an alarm that rings too soon
Thrown into the chaos of traffic lights and honking cars
And Lima and I are enemies for the day
Each one struggling in the crowd of unproductive people trying to look busy
So take me back to that morning glory
When everything is quiet except for my head
And Lima once again becomes my lover, though I cannot wed
When Lima is so quiet I cannot sleep
I need the chaos to fall asleep
Yet I cannot stand it during the day
And all I have left to do is pray
That the maddening chaos will quiet away
So that my mind can wake up once again
And Lima and I will then be friends

Comments

What's On Lima said…
Lovely prose - What's On Lima HQ like it :)

Popular posts from this blog

Gigi's Baby Shower

Marketing Jobs