I'm overblogged

Well the one loyal reader I have (thanks Tom!) pointed out today that I haven't blogged in over a month. Part of it is exhaustion-related, this pregnancy has not been easy-peasy so far. I'm always nauseous but not nauseous enough to throw up and feel better (with the added benefits of not gaining so much weight), but that's not the worst part. The worst part is the never ending exhaustion. I just got back from California and it's taken me 3 whole days to get rid of the jet lag. I think it even took Gabi less than that! The day after I got back I couldn't even get up to go to work, I had to sit in bed with my laptop all day trying to muster enough energy to catch up on email (unsuccessfully though a meager goal that it was for a whole work day!). The exhaustion is accompanied with a constant headache which is great fun. Unfortunately the only thing I can take is Tylenol and what's the point. Don't get me wrong I have nothing against Tylenol I think they make a fine product, but I'd love to be able to take something stronger for my headache...like wine for instance.

But really the real reason why I haven't been keeping up with my blogging is that I'm overblogged. In the last few months I've created blogs for my high school friends, my college friends, my work friends from Puerto Rico, my work friends from Cincinnati, and I'm even doing a "professional" blogging stint for a reality TV web site. Which has not only left me without enough time for blogging on this site, but it's also left me without creative juices! (The fact that I have a new assignment at work which is way busier than the last one doesn't help matters either but I won't continue to rant about the never ending rut I call my professional life). The point is I've spread my blogging ego too thin, and my personal blog has suffered as a result. My fridge is also completely empty but poor Gabi is the only one that suffers as a result of that because even though I'm a parent of one in the process of becoming a parent of two I'm still just as happy eating out every night as I was during my single and married without children days.

Anyway, I just came back from vacation, I went to visit my dad in California which I hadn't visited for years and years. Though I thought it was a terrible idea for a pregnant mom to get on a plane for a looooong ass flight with her 2 year old daughter and that it would've been much easier for my dad to get on the plane and come and see us, I did have a really great (albeit exhausting, to beat a dead horse) vacation. Gabi had an awesome time. She loved my dad house because they have two dogs, one cat and two birds. And particularly the cat, completely opposite of Borges our cat, is actually somewhat sociable, which means he didn't run away every time Gabi came over to pet him. The birds, well that was a different story. There was one bird which I think saw Gabi as a threat to her rein of the house and wanted her out much like Gabi will want her younger sister/brother out after the novelty wears off. We went camping which was quite the experience with a two year old, she was covered in dirt for an entire 24 hr period but she didn't care one bit, she was the definition of a happy camper, seeing the camping site as her own (and largest ever!) sandbox to play in. She loved going in the lake even though it was freezing cold. But the poor girl was so tired every time we put her in the car she would fall asleep only to be woken up 10 minutes later upon arriving at our destination. The ONE day she took a reasonable nap my dad took me out on his motorcycle and almost gave me a heart attack when he decided to show me how fast it could go. All in all we did things we probably won't do for another 10 years or so, but I'm glad I get to say that I did it. The picture shows Gabi in her "sandbox". Now you can see why she was covered in dirt head to toe.

While on vacation I also succumbed to the pressure of the iPhone. My husband had given me a gift certificate for my birthday (which was last week and so uneventful it wasn't even funny) to cover part of the iPhone and when I heard the prices had dropped $200 I immediately searched for an Apple store in Sacramento. Sadly, Gabi is now hooked to Apple as well. She threw a fit when my dad and I tried to leave the Apple store because she loves those computers they have for the little kids with the games and stuff. That Steve Jobs sure knows how to reel them in early.

That's it, I've stayed up way past my bed time to write so I'm calling it quits for now, hoping it's not another month until I come back. Plus I promised the girlfriends I would write on one of the other blogs tonight and I still haven't gotten to that! 8 weeks into the pregnancy and I feel like I'm 70 years old, I hope it gets better in the 2nd trimester...

Comments

Tom said…
Ivette,
All of your blog fans (all one of us) are happy to see your return to the blogging world! :)

You'll have to let me know the story with the Reality TV blog.

Popular posts from this blog

Gigi's Baby Shower

Marketing Jobs