I'm so happy Premiere week is finally here!

After weeks of no So You Think You Can Dance and only looking forward to Last Comic Standing, premiere week is finally here! My husband recently moved us from DirectTV to Dish Network (despite the fact that I endlessly bug him about it because we lost Gabi's favorite TV channel "Sprout" with the move) and so now I can actually Tivo things to both TV's in the house which means my lazy ass doesn't actually have to go down to the basement to see a recorded show. This has been a definitely plus for Dish. However, I'm still confused as to why I can't watch one show and record another, that part kinda sucks. Although now there will be so many choices in my Tivo I won't actually have to watch live TV ever again. I've even recorded several episodes of Spongebob since it seems to be the only acceptable alternative to the Sprout channel for Gabi. Which kinda makes me feel bad as a mom since I'm going from educational shows such as Sesame Street to something as mentally useless as Spongebob, but I guess Gabi was going to make the move on her own one day. At least that's what I'm telling myself to make myself feel better.

Anyway, last night I watched Dancing with the Stars and 40 min of Heroes, I have to finish Heroes today. Both shows were sooo good. Dancing with the Stars started off amazingly. While I was rooting for Jennie Garth because of her 90210 days, unfortunately she landed towards the middle/bottom of the pack so if she doesn't get many votes she might be out tomorrow night. But I was really shocked by that Cheetah girl she was incredible and that Cha Cha was so fast it made my head spin. I question though how fair it is for her to be there, since she clearly has dancing experience even if not in ballroom. I remember thinking how hard it was to go from jazz to hip hop during my dancing days, but it didn't seem too hard for her to go from hip hop to ballroom. And of course I'm sure she has a huge following of teenage girls, so we can always count on her getting votes. So I'm betting she'll probably be in the finals.

Heroes was amazing too, at least the first 40 min. of it. I won't comment on it though until I watch the rest of the premiere, but it was so fast paced and interesting I didn't want to stop watching.

I'm bummed because we have too many evening activities this week which would make me miss my shows! We just got invited to dinner tonight, then we have tickets to My Fair Lady tomorrow, and then we have tickets to the Reds vs. Cubs game on Friday. I also am not quite sure what to do with Kid Nation, I did find it pretty cute last week but now this week on Wednesday I'll have both the season premiere of Private Practice which I want to give it a try, and then the results show for Dancing with the Stars. That's the only thing I hate about DWTS, they keep dragging on the results for days and days out of the week, they really need to stick to one night because there's too much good TV out there this Fall!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gigi's Baby Shower

Marketing Jobs