3 cities in 24 hours

After a grueling week of meetings in Boston and trying to find freezers all over the city so that I could store my breastmilk so painfully acquired I got home at 10 pm on Thursday night so that I could pack myself and the kids and leave the kids with Bea to come to Chicago for a 1:20 pm Cubs game, which they embarassingly lost to the Nationals 13-5. We were so pissed we left in the 8th inning to the sound of a women yelling at us "if you leave now you're not really a fan". Beyond that we've thoroughly enjoyed the dining experience (have gone to a Cuban restaurant called Cafe Bolero twice already!) and enjoyed a little shopping on Mag Mile since we're a block away from Michigan. I fell in love with a Coach bag at the Pru in Boston and asked at the Coach store here how much it costs and of course when they said $798 I left the store empty handed (if anyone is feeling extra generous my birthday is coming up in the next couple of weeks). Also went to the Apple store to salivate over a new iPhone and a new Mac and a new iPod nano for my husband but left with only $10 worth of goodies which for the Apple store and me is a new record low. The only placed we did OK with was at the Disney store, so I'm thinking Gabi and Sebastian will be happy when we get there.

On another note am I the only one who's totally bummed out by the whale that was put down in Australia? It totally breaks my heart, but of course the news have only been covering the Olympics, the Spanish airplane crash and Joe Biden, at least in the US. And I just read they found the dead mom which broke my heart just a bit more. Must be the mommy in me.

And speaking of Joe Biden, you know how people confuse Obama with Osama? I wonder if the Republicans will have a field day pointing out the fact that Biden looks like Bin Laden? I'm a Democrat myself, but I'm just saying...

The picture attached comes courtesy of my friend Tom showing me how to do the "screen shot" on the iPhone, it's awesome!

Tonight we are going to a Brazilian churrascaria, I've been craving Brazilian for a while now, so I will be stuffed and needing to go badly on a diet (AGAIN!) come tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gigi's Baby Shower

Marketing Jobs