Marcelo Wong

While this summer has gone by way too fast (the kids already start school next Monday!), I have loved the opportunity to give the kids so many cultural and sports activities to enjoy.  Just to give you an idea Sebas has done soccer, general sports, swimming, and ceramics, while Gabi has done tennis, gymnastics, swimming and art.  This last Saturday at the beach Gabi had the opportunity to participate in a workshop by a famous local artist called Marcelo Wong.  I have always loved his work but it´s a bit pricey for me! But his style is just too cute for words. Whimsical is probably the best term I can come up with! I really wish I could put one of his pieces in each room in my new house.


So when Gabi was invited to this workshop we were both super excited.  She didn´t even know why Marcelo Wong was so famous but when he came over to ask her what she wanted to do with her piece she was swooning! :)


She worked on her piece all morning and then at night we went to a little "awards" ceremony where she received her finished piece and took a picture with the artist.  She said "Mom, is Marcelo Wong the first famous person you meet?! I´m so nervous!". Good thing she didn´t drop her piece on the ground I was more nervous about that, another kid dropped it and broke it and my heart broke right along with it.   I can´t wait to find a spot for this in my house once we finally move in... :)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gigi's Baby Shower

Marketing Jobs