Creativity Inc.

Creativity, Inc. by Ed Catmull

In between the lull of catching up on Hulu on the last bit of summer shows and the beginning of the Fall line up (alas it came too quick!) I have been catching up on Kindle and iBooks reading.  Last week I finished Creativity Inc., which is honestly the best non-fiction book I've read in a long time.  As a parent (and Disney and Pixar enthusiast) I loved reading about the creative process that went into all these famous kids' movies. As a business person and marketer I loved the author's perspective about management, leadership and strategy development. Key learning for me was giving people the freedom to excel at what they're really good at in order to achieve excellence.  And finally as a Steve Jobs junkie I loved getting additional glimpses into his life and mind. The chapter specifically dedicated to Steve made me cry, I felt it rang more true than all of Walter Isaacson's biography.

If you're looking for a great read I highly recommend this one. I think I cried when I finished it too because I was sad it was over, but now I started another book that immediately hooked me so I am OK for the next few weeks. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gigi's Baby Shower

Marketing Jobs