A decade of motherhood


I cannot believe I've been a mother for 10 years. I didn't think I would make it past 1 year! In fact, I remember having conversations with friends before getting pregnant about NOT wanting to get pregnant because I was afraid of bringing kids into this messed up world and not being able to protect them from all the evil in the world.  In fact, a couple of weeks after we had brough Gabi home we rented the movie Crash on Netflix and I remember telling my husband while we were watching the movie, "OMG, what have I done? How could I have been so careless? How could I have brought her into this world!?".  That world in the movie was so scary and so messed up and so randomly cruel, I just couldn't believe I was going to have to raise a kid in it (let alone two!).

But, ten years later, my kids have shown me how wrong (and selfish) I was to think that way. They have taught me that even in this messed up world they can be smart, caring, considerate, loving, and worried about the future of this home we call Earth.  So maybe the world is messed up right now, but maybe I had to make these two beautiful humans who care so much about others so that they could fix all the mistakes their parents have made? Maybe they are here to help us avoid the crash? I certainly hope they can.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gigi's Baby Shower

Marketing Jobs