Isaiah Washington leaving Grey's

I was sort of glad when I first heard Isaiah Washington was probably leaving Grey's, mainly because I thought if Isiah was fired that would ensure that TR Knight would stay. Because face it, between "Burke" and "George" being on the show, I would choose "George" every time, no contest. However, when I then started hearing that TR Knight was not leaving, I sort of felt the "can't we all just get along" vibe. So I was hoping that Isiah would stay after all. So I was kinda sad when they finally announced this Friday that his contract was not renewed, and that he'd heard the news from a crying Shonda Rhimes on the phone. I have gotten to "know" Shonda through the weekly Grey's Anatomy podcast (which by the way is probably the BEST podcast I'm subscribed to and I highly recommend it to Grey's fans) so I can almost imagine how much the loss of Isaiah meant to her. Granted, I don't agree with what Isiah did and I can understand the show's decision to let him go, but I almost think that they could have worked things out instead of having to make a scapegoat of him just to make sure that people don't think that if they DON'T fire him, then they are not being supportive of the gay community and they are not appropriately admonishing what Isaiah did. It just feels like the decision was made out of fear of what people might say about the show rather than standing by what they actually felt was right for the show, which probably was to keep Isiah around, even despite the fact that what he did was wrong.

Comments

Anonymous said…
People should read this.

Popular posts from this blog

Gigi's Baby Shower

Marketing Jobs