It's been so long...

The last week has been more exhausting than the normal "I'm in the first trimester and I have a 2 year old daughter" mode. Too many things going on at work combined to too many things going on at home combined with a definite twist for the worse regarding the weather has left me wanting to curl up into a ball like my cat Borges and taking like a month-long nap.

In any case, I survived Gabi's 2nd birthday party. Against all the experts' advice I probably invited way more people than I was supposed to, but we got really lucky and had amazing weather which made it safe to stay out in the park right next to my house where there's a lot of space for running around vs. having to herd a bunch of cats into my house which would seem tiny with the number of people I invited to the party! Here's some video of us singing happy birthday to Gabi, her getting excited about blowing the "2" candle but quickly freaking out and not wanting to have anything to do with it, and then us realizing we didn't have any utensils for people to eat the cake with. :)



I am also attaching a recent picture from her professional photographer which came out too darn cute. She continues to amaze me every day with her sociable personality. Her teachers tell me she's 100% aware of what goes on in every corner of the day care room every single day. She's always concerned if someone is crying and wants to bring them a teether immediately to help them with their "boo boo". She yells ADIOS! at all the parents when they leave for work. If we keep her too long at home she goes and grabs the car keys and says "NOS VAMOS!". She's just an EXTREME social butterfly, I'm betting that if I have about 400 "friends" on Facebook right now, she'll probably have that same amount by the time she's 10 if not sooner.

This afternoon I have my second visit to the doctor. Some people say they might actually be able to tell the sex of the baby already (especially if it's a boy since their equipment is easier to see), so I will come back quickly and update if I actually find out! Can't wait. It's also grossing me out that because my appointment is at 4:15 pm my pee is actually sitting in a little container in the fridge here at work along with people's lunches. But I'm sure it would gross other people out even more than me. I wonder what's grosser, pee or breast milk?

On the TV front, I'm loving Heroes and I'm absolutely loving The Office. Ugly Betty is getting a little on my nerves with the Meade family plot line, and Grey's had been so so until last night's episode which was absolutely amazing.

Work is CRAAAAZY, I have a very important document due on Wednesday and I'm so overwhelmed by the amount of work that I'm actually blogging instead of working. Far cry from 3 months ago when I had time to practically blog every day on every single blog I am associated with. Now I just realized it's been exactly one month since I blogged which means my loyal following (Tom) must be losing interest quickly. But I promise to do better, I really do!

Oh, and GO SOX!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gigi's Baby Shower

Marketing Jobs