More Moving

We have phone today! No internet though. And no TV still either.

Gabi turned out to be OK from her Friday accident. She had a pretty deep cut so I thought she might need stitches (I’ve had my share of stitches in the past). We had to go to 3 hospitals before we landed on the right one (even though a friend had already sent me the information but in the thick of it you can’t even think). When the nurse saw her she also thought she needed stitches but then eventually when the doctor saw her she said it would probably be better to let it heal on her own. At least it’s in the back of her head so not visible. She would be devastated with her princess status. :) At least now we know where the good hospital is when it’s a REAL emergency (knock on wood there never is one). Now we set up pediatrician appointments for Friday just to get to know them. They speak Spanish a little so that’s great.

The nanny is the temporary one and not only she cooks and cleans but also washes and irons! We don’t have an iron yet but eventually we won’t have to take anything to the dry cleaners. The only thing of course is that doesn’t leave much time to “play” with the kids. So Gabi said yesterday “she doesn’t play with me she just takes care of me”. That makes me kinda sad because I know both kids are used to playing all day with their friends and teachers at school. But I guess it’s just a different set up. You would need another nanny just to play with them.

So far mostly local people that we’ve met but there are these ones we met who gave me a TON of helpful information for kids and they have a 4 ½ year old just like Gabi and a huge pool and cool toys so they invited us over right away and while the kids played in the huge yard we had drinks and snacks. That was kinda nice. Feels like what I could be doing every weekend. :) This weekend we will try Ikea and then the beach. And Borges is supposed to arrive on Friday morning I hope that goes well! Jose and I celebrate the “small victories” every day. Crossing one thing of the to do list. Little by little. I think we’ll get some toys at Ikea this weekend and once we have that and TV the kids at least will be in a better place. And the friends we knew from PR have been sooo helpful, I don’t know what we would do without having someone like them here. I’m glad we overlapped for that one month at least!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gigi's Baby Shower

Marketing Jobs