Sports Enthusiasts

It's been getting cooler than I would like it to be which sadly means the days of summer are coming to a quick end. I guess that's another thing I'll miss about Cincinnati, having warm weather way into September and even being lucky enough 4 years in a row to have awesome weather for my daughter's birthday part in late October. I've told we will have no such luck here, which also means I gotta find a place to have a birthday party for a 5 year old who unfortunately only has 2 friends so far! Hopefully that changes pretty quickly once she starts school next week. But anyway, we went to Geneve Plage (or Geneva "Splash" as Gabi likes to call it now) on Saturday and then to Excenevex Plage on Sunday just trying to soak up the last few rays of sunshine while it's still warm enough to wear a bathing suit. Gabi is officially a different color now and Sebas is a slightly less pale shade of pale. It's too funny how to people who look so much alike can have such different skin tones. Gabi has also become a mermaid this summer, I guess being in the water practically every weekend has made her much more comfortable. On Saturday she even swam without her floaties. I guess that's one point in favor of Geneva. I have decided to spend a whole month in Peru during the Holidays (since I can do my job from anywhere) so hopefully she'll take more swimming lessons there and become even more comfortable. Sebas is a whole other story, he's more like me, loves being in the beach and close to water, but not actually INSIDE the water. Although if I was lucky enough to live by the warm waters of the Caribbean as I once did I swear I would be in the water until I pruned up into a raisin. Anyway, Sebas is very cautious likes to be around it but not actually go inside. And just yesterday on our likely last day at the beach he started getting comfortable, this beach in Excenevex is really shallow for a good long distance so he was going out to the end of the kids area all by himself if we weren't careful he'd go out all by himself into the deep end. That's Sebas though, once he loses fear he throws all caution to the wind. He's one brave cookie. Today I had to take them both to the doctor for shots because school is starting next week, Gabi was a little whiny when she found out she needed the shots, and I was scared that Sebas observed so closely that once he found out it was coming for him too he'd start screaming and trying to get away from us. But he took both shots without as much as a whimper, the nanny and the doctor were both impressed!

I titled the entry Sports Enthusiast and then proceeded to write about something completely different. So getting back to the matter at hand, we went to the local Division 2 soccer game on Saturday night just to do something different. Very good team in a beautiful stadium that unfortunately is only about 25% at capacity pretty much the whole time. I thought the kids would be bored to death but they loved it, especially when we moved all the way down to 1st row (not enough fans!) and we told Gabi she was the #1 fan and she had to act like it. They went crazy. The picture above is of Sebas using his hot dog baguette as binoculars (well one-ocular however you say the ones that only have one whole). He was loving the action coming from the fans in the stands, I thought using the bread as a telescope was just too cute.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gigi's Baby Shower

Marketing Jobs