Documenting the journey from Puerto Rico...to Cincinnati...to Geneva...to Peru...to who knows where.
Tis the Season!
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
...for end of year parties and Christmas productions and most importantly Christmas and Summer! Here´s Sebas´ Christmas show from school this morning...
Even though I had barely done any planning with the exception of sending out the Evite , I did manage to pull off a very nice baby shower for Gigi. We did it at Essencha Tea House on Madison because we were too many to do it at the Bonbonerie . I got some decorations at Factory Card Outlet and recycled some other ones from Ida's baby shower last September. We had a great showing and the food at Essencha Tea House was really great. I had to bring Gabi with me because Jose had a soccer game but she did OK, even though she was a little tired because she skipped her afternoon nap. In any case, if anyone has a baby or wedding shower to plan, or just wants to go to eat at a nice place, I highly recommend Essencha Tea House . Oh, and the best part is that they serve breakfast all day, which as any friend of mine can bear witness to, is a HUGE plus for me. Speaking of which, after we got home and Gabi finally napped, we went to Boston Market followed by Graeter's . And tha...
Everyone knows I've been having my Office Space moments more and more often lately, mostly due to my job disappearing and my new job not starting until about a month from now. Among other things, I have decided that not only will I catch up on my reading, but I will also use the internet to talk with old friends and exponentially grow my number of blogs and time spent on Facebook. But most importantly I decided I was going to take advantage of my $22 a month gym membership here at work to get in shape over the next month. Especially since I'll hopefully be pregnant soon and therefore need to desperately stay away from gaining 46 lbs. like last time! So yesterday I did a crazy elliptical workout with my workout buddy and today we did yoga. I usually try to workout at the end of the day so that I can go home afterwards and not have to shower or change here at work. But after yoga today (which was during lunchtime) I decided you know what, I'm not going to change back in...
I finally did it! Best thing about the half-marathon yesterday? First, that it's over. Second, that I can rest for a couple of weeks before getting back into running. The weather was terrible on Saturday so we had no idea what would happen on Sunday for the race. But we got really lucky because we got PERFECT weather -- not too warm, not too cold. And the rain held off until the moment I literally crossed the finish line. There were actually moments when the sun was shining bright where it was actually a bit too hot. I had my iPhone GPS to help me keep pace (since all the markers were in KM and I still get confused about that) and I was doing really well. I think I was on pace to finish between 2:03 and 2:05. At mile 9 I saw Jose and the kids and that was so exciting I had to hold the tears in (cause otherwise I get kind of an asthma attack while running if I'm too excited). Then right after I saw them my iPhone died. There went my music, and th...
Comments