Book reco: American Chica


Thankful for the Christmas holidays and a wonderful trip to Puerto Rico which allowed me to catch on my reading. On December 21st my good friend German recommended this book and taking advantage of the fact that Amazon delivers PAPER books to Puerto Rico quickly (vs. Peru) I ordered it right away and got it on the 24th of December. What can I say? I couldn't put it down until I finished it.  Maybe because I identified a little bit too closely with the constant straddling of two worlds and the never knowing where you're really from or where you're really going. Of course I wish I had the talent to describe this bi-cultural life as beautifully as Marie Arana did, but alas, I have to be content with just being able to read such poetic stories. I cannot wait to order her other book, Lima Nights.  But first I am reading the next book of the Millenium series which I just downloaded on the Kindle last night. And I still have to go back to Elon Musk.  I have this thing where I can't finish one book at a time, I go from book to book depending on my mood.  And right now I'm in the mood for fiction. This is one of my favorite parts of summer in South America, sitting at the beach every weekend and reading and reading and reading until my head is full of ideas again and my heart is full of hope.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gigi's Baby Shower

Marketing Jobs