Dance Wars: Bruno vs. Carrie Ann

Did anybody watch this show Monday night? I still haven't been able to make up my mind about it. The first obvious question for me was why isn't Len Goodman in on it? Was he not willing to participate in such "shabby" endeavors? Did he have a premonition that Bruno and Carrie Ann would be making fools of themselves?

Secondly, at no point watching the previews for this show did I realize this was a song AND dance show. After all, the words SONG are nowhere in the title. Anyway, at first I thought it was kind of odd, since clearly from the auditions there aren't a lot of people who are EQUALLY talented at both singing and dancing. As a result, there's already a very clear few rising to the top. I already have my bets -- that guy Zach and then one of the black girls whose name I can't recall right now. And can I say how unfair life is? This guy Zach is not only smart (he's a pre-med student) but he's freaking tall and handsome, and on top of that he can sing and dance!!! So unfair.

I also didn't like the auditions part of the show. As much as they tried to make it engaging like in American Idol or So You Think You Can Dance they just weren't that interesting. However, once they started the training portion of it and after the two group performances it became a lot more fun to watch. And what was up with Drew Lachey dressing up as a Rastafarian and trying to audition? That was beyond pathetic.

Thirdly, what will become of the winner of this contest? Will they try to make a pop artist out of him/her? God knows the world needs a couple of new Britney Spears to replace the badly fallen ones, but even American Idol hasn't been very successful lately at launching pop stars. Right before the holidays I had read a statistic that said that every American Idol winner had been less and less successful with their first records. A more respectable alternative would be to have them star in a Broadway show or something like that, I would love to see the winner in a Broadway show, but then again they probably don't make any money doing that.

I guess the good thing about this is that poor Drew Lachey finds himself out of the unemployment line at least for a few more months.

The real question is whether I'll be watching next week or not. But I guess with the pitiful reality that we are now going to have to go back to watching reality TV due to the Hollywood writers' strike, there's a high likelihood that I will. And I was so done with reality TV, so done.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gigi's Baby Shower

Marketing Jobs