I needed a daycation!


After spending 3 whole weeks with Gabi 24/7, and coming back to a hectic couple of weeks between work, having visitors, and Jose being out of town, my sister offered to take Gabi for a couple of nights this last weekend and although I really didn't see the need for it at first, it was the best thing that's happened to me...ever. After sleeping in until a whopping 9 am, being able to go out only needing to worry about getting dressed myself, being able to have a completely quiet and relaxed meal at a restaurant, and my husband being able to go through an 8-10 hour marathon of watching sports, I realized how badly I was in need of my mini vacation. My only regrets were being so tired last night that we didn't make it to "dinner and a movie" which is what I meant the whole weekend to be about!!! Sometimes I feel guilty about saying this, but it was so good not to have Gabi for a little while. Even though half of the time I felt like I was forgetting something and the other half of the time I was missing the pre-parenting days, I came to a happy medium which is that life will be all about the kids for the next few years, but if an opportunity like this (also free on top of everything unlike babysitters!) comes up at ANY point in my future life, I am taking it and running with it. I suggest to all parents out there to do the same, all guilt aside it's still worth every minute.

Gabi's happily home again, we missed her terribly. And we realized another thing, she saves her temper tantrums/terrible two's only for her two parents who she must love immensely if the tantrums are any indication of love. :) She was a total angel with my sister, she didn't cry a single time, and in just under 24 hours back with us we've had many a tantrum which unfortunately sends my patience to dangerously low levels, all of which I regret afterwards. I never really LOSE my patience with her, but inside I feel horrible just feeling that lack of patience even if I don't express it outwardly with her (I'm often complaining to my husband that he's a little bit more outwardly impatient with her). She's now peacefully asleep or otherwise I wouldn't be able to be writing. I can only imagine how crazy things will be with two babies (12 weeks until Sebastian arrives, likely via C-section), but that makes me cherish and appreciate those moments of peace and quiet so much more.

My sister sent me this cute picture of Gabi playing Wack-a-mole at the Chuck E. Cheeses, which they ventured to go to even in 10 degree weather. Which leads me to a whole other discussion...when is it going to get warmer!?!?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gigi's Baby Shower

Marketing Jobs