New Year's Resolution: BLOG MORE!

I'm finally back from a three week vacation in Peru which as every other vacation in Peru has been simply amazing. Usually I am in tears the night before leaving saying please let's stay here, let's not go back we can figure out how to make a life here, and this year was no exception. Especially this year which feels like such a transitionary (if that's a word) year. We have Sebastian arriving in less than 3 months (oh my god how time flies, I'm so not ready for his arrival!), I am still in the midst of a "new" assignment at work, Gabi is growing up into an incredible little person, and as I have seen friends come and go from my company (3 friends have recently left to pursue other life interests) I'm just trying to figure out what the hell I want to do with the rest of my life.

Sadly I find it harder and harder to want to come to work every day, I'm not quite sure if it's because I've reached a "point of no return" from which I can never come back due to previous semi-traumatic experiences at work, or if it's that all the other things going on in my life are just too big of a distraction from being able to sit in an office all day long and shut out the outside world, the real world. But of course I'm not naive, if I don't win the lotto I will still have to find a way to make a living, so how do I find something that is as fulfilling and interesting as possible so that when I'm at work I'm not thinking about all the things I'd rather be doing?

One thing I know for sure (not trying to steal from Oprah) is that I miss writing, even if no one is reading just writing what's on my mind has been such a great outlet to try to work out my thoughts and dilemmas. Sadly I'm not a good enough writer to make money doing it, so at least for now it'll have to remain a hobby, an escape from the every day. Reading has also been a wonderful escape, but unless I can figure out how to become a book reviewer, I don't know of any other way to get paid to just sit there and have fun reading. :) And dancing has of course always been at the top of my list but the one avenue I was exploring (which was to open a specific franchise) is becoming harder to accomplish given the sacrifices I would have to make. But if I don't make some type of move, then I'll be stuck doing the same thing and not being happy doing it. So I know I've got to do SOMETHING! I keep waiting for divine inspiration to strike, but it's just not happening. I'm about to bust out the 8 ball and see what it tells me. In the meantime, I'll try to blog more so I can at least get some therapeutic benefits that way. My next post will be about what little I've thought about in terms of getting the nursery ready for Sebastian's arrival.

Comments

Tom said…
Ivette - How's this New Year's resolution thing going :)
Unknown said…
Not very well at all. I am hoping that the maternity leave gives me some time for reflection and writing. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Gigi's Baby Shower

Marketing Jobs