DC weekend

We're on our way to DC and I'm so happy I brought my iBook with me! (yes it came back from the repair shop, arrived straight at my door and is working better than ever -- which is not to say I don't want a new one soon). We drove from Cincinnati to Morgantown, West Virginia yesterday. This is where West Virginia University is located and we even took a drive around the very HILLY school and saw the football stadium where my husband played soccer like 10 years ago. He was very proud of that fact even though we admitted to being on the bench the whole time, but it's a pretty impressive stadium so I would be happy with just being on the bench.

"Baby brother" is behaving pretty well since he luckily found his thumb just in time for the trip. I still have to go on the back seat of the car every once in a while to feed him, which I'm sure would please a cop to no end. Gabi is a little bit more hyper though, she's bored with the car and the hotel room. We had a nice dip in the pool of the Waterfront Place Hotel yesterday and she even made a friend, but when we went to a late lunch at Oliverios she was in her worst behavior because she had skipper her nap. By the way, if you're ever in town I highly recommend the hotel it's a great location overlooking the river, it's very nice and spacious, and best of all inexpensive. Like they say in Puerto Rico "bueno, bonito y barato"! Same goes for the restaurant, pretty good italian food, and even better desserts! We sat out on the porch which was thankfully covered from the sun and overlooks at the river. The staff was also very patient with Gabi. :)

This morning we are getting ready to make the rest of the drive to DC. There are supposed to be t-storms there Friday, Saturday and Sunday so if we want to do something outside it may have to be today. However, all she wants is to see her cousin Jake and that won't happen until tomorrow morning so we gotta distract her for another 24 hours. Wish us luck!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gigi's Baby Shower

Marketing Jobs