Mother's Day Weekend


We went to the Cincinnati Zoo today as many zoos around the country had free admission for Mother's Day. All Gabi wanted to do was ride the carousel, the train and get face painting, so I guess technically we didn't have to actually be in a zoo to do all those things but it was still a good time. :)

Sebastian is still carrying over a cough and now has an ear infection, the poor kid. I know one day he'll be fully immunized thanks to day care but for now it's heartbreaking to see him getting sick so often. I guess the fact that it's cold one day and warm the next doesn't help too much either.

While Jose was in the driving range with Gabi on Saturday (which was cute to no end) I went to Stride Rite and got the cutest pair of sandals for Sebastian, since now he's going to be spending a lot more time outside at the day care. The cost me an arm and a leg but I guess contrary to Gabi who has plenty of shoes to rotate, this will be the only pair the little guy will use all summer long. And I made sure at the store they would STAY on!!! (since every other pair he owns find the way of leaving his feet less than 5 min. after being put on). Jose says he looks like a gringo (all he needs is the socks underneath the sandals, but I think they're super cute).



Gabi also insisted on making a cake for Mother's Day so she helped me bake and decorate a cake, which wasn't pretty but at least it tasted good. I tried to take at least one picture that would make the cake look semi-decent, but I guess there was no way to hide the fact that it wasn't pretty. Gabi did help with the sprinkles on top which she was very proud of, and of course all she did was eat the frosting. Figures. Don't worry, I'm not turning into Martha Stewart or anything like that, although I can buy the argument from some of my friends as to how it's relaxing to cook. Not relaxing enough for me though, I'd much rather be writing...

Anyway, HAPPY MOTHERS DAY to all those wonderful women out there who sacrifice so much every day to help these little creatures grow up into something amazing. I read a quote earlier today that said "God couldn't be everywhere, so he made mothers".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gigi's Baby Shower

Marketing Jobs