In sickness and in sickness...

After so much "fun and leisure" over vacations we hit reality with a thump.  Jose left for Cincinnati on Tuesday after we arrived on Sunday afternoon, where he'll be spending a lot of time over the first few months of the year (the fewer the better!).  I will be playing single mom, hauling kid after kid to the doctor because their bodies are in shock after three weeks of pleasant weather -- warm sunny beaches and still warmer people around them.  I am incredibly grateful for the help of our nanny who can stay with one kid at home while I rush the other one to the doctor.  I am also incredibly happy that on Thursday both Jose and my Dad are coming to spend a little time here.  I do enjoy my time alone once the kids have gone to sleep where I can actually watch some chick flick that's been sitting on my DVR for 6+ months.  But I'd rather have Jose here taking the control of the remote because it's either Formula 1 or FIFA or who knows what other sport on the TV.  I would also like some time in the hectic schedule to be able to work out, but with this cold who wants to go outside anyway? I hope spring comes early this year...

Our only outings this weekend were to a birthday party and to the peruvian restaurant.  Sad I know but I'm trying to keep the kids inside healing as much as possible.  Sebas is thankfully fever-free as of Saturday, but now they're both coughing a lot and super congested.  And I'm next I can tell!  Hopefully next weekend I am alone with the kids we can do something a bit more fun like ice skating.  Gabi is not looking forward to skiing the next couple of weekends -- says it's too cold.  I can't say I disagree with her, despite the fact that everyone says it's been a relatively mild Genevois winter so far!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gigi's Baby Shower

Marketing Jobs