Ge's visit



Finally my sister and family have arrived! Last Monday, to kill time (ha ha), we drove 3 hours to Zurich to watch Lady Gaga in concert which was amazing!  Followed by another 3 hour back early Tuesday so that we could be at work all day.

My sister finally arrived on Saturday! As soon as she arrived I took them all home to take quick showers so we could head out to Milan to watch a football (soccer) game for AC Milan (I felt bad for them they were zonked out all day long they didn't sleep very much on the plane and then we had them on a crazy schedule on Saturday!).  The weather was absolutely miserable but somehow we put up with it all day.  I was happy to be able to meet up with an old friend from college who I hadn't seen in about 5 years.  The kids loved the game although everyone was pretty exhausted by the end of the day.  When we woke up Sunday morning we toured Turino which is an absolutely beautiful city (although again more miserable weather!).  Turino is where the Winter Olympics took place right before Vancouver and it's also apparently a great mecca for cinema (and I have always loved the history of cinema since I took this really cool class in college so listening to the bus tour mention all the cinema stories was really interesting).

This morning my sister and family left for Barcelona (so jealous!) and they'll come back on Wednesday so that we can go skiing all Thanksgiving weekend.  I'm not looking forward to packing 7 people + all the very big and poofy skiing gear into the Volvo, but I am looking forward to a wonderful skiing weekend and lots of family time!!!!  Lots of pictures to come.  :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gigi's Baby Shower

Marketing Jobs