Winter sports


We went back to swimming lessons on Saturday, but Sunday was dedicated to winter sports. We got up at 6 am (earlier than on weekdays!) to head over to La Clusaz for some skiing lessons. Well Jose and Gabi had lessons while Sebas and I stayed at the base of the mountain in the cute little town trying to brave the cold. Now it wasn't nearly as cold as it was when we went to Tignes back in November, but maybe I was wearing the wrong socks or something but my toes were freezing. By the time Jose and Gabi came down the mountain at 11 am I thought I was going to lose my toes. At which point the kids decided it would be a good idea to go ice skating. Thankfully the change in shoes to ice skating shoes actually helped defrost the toes a bit! Then we had a lunch at a cute little pizza place and then headed home to try to use to the rest of the day to recharge the batteries. :) I am still tired this morning. Now one thing is for certain, if Jose and Gabi keep skiing while Sebas and I eat at the base of the mountain come summer I'll be rolling downhill ha ha.

The good thing about yesterday is that Sebas and I were able to go up and down the mountain in the lift, which he LOVED.  Last time in Tignes we hadn't been able to do that since it was so damn cold.  We also did a little bit of sledding (videos below).  Hopefully we can remember to bring our own sled next time so that we can keep doing it for a while.

Next weekend we will attempt the same feat again except this time I'll try better socks and less food. :)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gigi's Baby Shower

Marketing Jobs