Edge of Forty


In honor of my friend Ida's 40th birthday I re-did the lyrics of Lady Gaga's Edge of Glory to be "Edge of Forty". I don't think she appreciated the old jokes in there but I think I was projecting myself just a tiny bit. Anyway, hope you get a kick out of them! We sang them during the party and gave out the lyrics for people to sing along with us.

"Edge of Forty"

There is a reason you and me just feel so old tonight yeah baby tonight yeah baby.
I know the reason you and I should get so drunk tonight.
We need a girl that tells us what we're doing wrong tonight yeah baby tonight yeah baby.
Give her some spirits so she'll grab the microphone tonight.
It's hard to feel the rush, to see the big 4-0.
I'm gonna run right to get some clairol too so we can both turn back the time.

I'm on the edge of 40. And I'm sagging like a day old balloon.
Out on the edge of 40. And my eyes look like they're on a raccoon.
I'm on the edge the edge the edge the edge the edge the edge the edge.
I'm on the edge of 40. But I'm peaking not a moment too soon. I'm on the edge it's true.

Another shot before we both forget the time tonight yeah baby tonight yeah baby.
We're on the edge of something magical called life tonight. Alright alright.
Put on your shades cause ida's future is so bright tonight yeah baby tonight yeah baby.
It isn't bad if everybody knows your age tonight. Forty Forty!
It's hard to look this posh, without a bit botox.
I'm gonna fill a line here and there one too.
So we can both look thirty two.

I'm on the edge of 40. Can feel menopause coming too soon.
Out on the edge of 40. Got more wrinkles than this side of the moon.
I'm on the edge the edge the edge the edge the edge the edge.
I'm on the edge of 40. But I'm peaking not a moment too soon. I'm on the edge it's true.

I'm on the edge it's true.
I'm on the edge it's true.

I'm on the edge of 40. And I'm sagging like a day old balloon.
Out on the edge of 40. And my eyes look like they're on a racoon.
I'm on the edge the edge the edge the edge the edge the edge.
I'm on the edge of 40. But I'm peaking not a moment too soon. I'm on the edge it's true.
It's true, it's true, it's true, it's true. I'm on the edge it's true.
It's true, it's true, it's true, it's true. I'm on the edge it's true.
It's true, it's true, it's true, it's true. I'm on the edge it's true.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gigi's Baby Shower

Marketing Jobs