I am in bachelorette party hell...



I am headed to Miami this weekend for a bachelorette party. Two very good friends of ours from work are getting married in a couple of months back in Puerto Rico. So overall I am pretty happy that I "absolutely have to" go to Miami and Puerto Rico so I can be a good friend to this couple. Any excuse! Sounds good so far, right? Not quite...

My friend Lety who's been on sabbatical from work for a few months now has been helping plan this thing all the way from France and Italy. Apparently she's missing some structure in her overwhelmingly carefree life, because just to give you an idea of how structured this thing is going to be, I'm attaching the latest email with the updates on the trip.

These are our reservations for the weekend!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait.......we have options for the clubs depending on what Elika wants. Thanks to all for the recommendations. DO NOT FORGET TO BRING A NICE GIFT FOR ELIKA FOR SATURDAY........ try to ALSO bring one as a joke as we have many things planned. On Saturday we will drive around in a Limo with open bar.... the rest we will figure out there with the ones that have car+ taxis.

Day/Time/Place/What to Wear....

Friday
• 10:30 (Dinner) Sushi Samba, wear whatever you want (who hoo! freedom!)
• 1:00 (Gay Club) The Score
• 1:00 (Bar/Club) Santo

Saturday
• Beach/Pool all day Hotel Ritz, wear beach clothes (really? you think?)
• 7:30 (Dinner) Chispa Coral Gables, wear everything Black (vomit)
• 9:30 (Strippers) Good Fellas Club (private party for us) (double vomit)
• 12:30 (Club) Mynt
• 12:30 (Club) Prive

Sunday
• 1:30 (Lunch/Beach) Nikki Beach, wear beach clothes (again...really? you think?)

If anyone wants a Spa treatment on Saturday call the hotel directly.

Regarding the rooms, there were a couple of changes as the lady at the Ritz screwed up big time but she gave me other rooms so we will be fine. These are the final numbers. Please do not forget to bring cash with you so we can pay together instead of using credit cards :) this includes Elika's room and whatever is left for tips for the concierge and to buy basics (water, juice, etc.. for the fridge).

Well, looking forward........ please bring the best attitude and come rested as we won't stop.

Regards

Lety for the organizing team!!!!!! :)


Now don't get me wrong Lety, I really do appreciate you telling me that appropriate attire for the beach/pool is beach clothes, because I don't know what I would have done otherwise without the direction, it would have been an absolute disaster had I shown up at the beach with my prom dress!

Anyway, I had my bachelorette party in Miami as well, almost 4 years ago. Mind you, there was absolutely NO structure to it. I have absolutely way too much structure in my life, so if it was up to me my schedule would say "WHATEVER WE WANT TO DO". Furthermore, I hate the hokey bachelorette parties and I especially hate strip clubs. I hate the gifts you have to get for the bachelorettes, I hate the games you have to play during the party, and I hate the dress code thing where everyone is supposed to be dressed in black just so that the bachelorette will be dressed in another color that basically screams out "I'm getting married, come and hit on me losers of the world!!!"

So I had to go to Old Navy this weekend to get a pair of black pants because after giving birth to Gabi 15 months ago my fat ass won't fit into any of the ones I have at home, much less the really low-waist ones. At least I found a really cute pair but it was way too long and it's now at the tailor's. I really found some cute sunglasses too, the kind that are in style right now that are really big on your face. Plus I got 2 great pair of bikinis at Target that hopefully won't make my ass look so big. So something good might come from this after all! Here are the links to some of the stuff I got for dirt cheap.

• Target bikini #1 top and bottom
• Target bikini #2
• Old Navy sunglasses
• Old Navy pants

Oh, and here is the list of gifts that I've ordered so far for the bride to be, I hope they arrive before it's time for me to leave because I've ordered them all online since I didn't know where the hell in Cincinnati to go for somewhat cool/non-hokey bride-to-be gifts. My friend Mara had a great idea to get her one of those Gap t-shirts from Product Red, the one that says either Desi-RED or Ado-RED. I thought that was a pretty good idea but then that pretty much killed any chance of me getting her something from Cafepress.com because it would be t-shirt overkill. So I have ordered this:

• Luggage tags from Uncommon Goods
• Laundry bag from Uncommon Goods

I also had to sell a bunch of stuff on eBay because I am so broke I don't know how else I was going to be able to afford the limos, the club entries, the drinks, etc. I was one mouse click away from pimping my husband on eBay.

Alas, here's my thoughts on the weekend so far:
• Bachelorette party weekend...$1000
• Cute clothes at Target and Old Navy...$100
• Plane ticket to Miami...$350
• Getting away from Cincinnati in this bloody cold and having my husband have to take care of our baby for one full weekend as payback for Jeronimo's bachelor party weekend in Cancun a month ago and on top of that seeing great friends I haven't seen in a long time...PRICELESS

For now I'm posting a picture of myself with the bride-to-be but when I get back from the bachelorette weekend I'll post pictures from that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gigi's Baby Shower

Marketing Jobs