I've been reading the blog of a friend of mine from work and find it pretty hilarious so I thought it might be good to give him a plug, although he might get mad at me for it! I'll leave it here until I hear otherwise. :) You can find him right here on blogger.com under "bloggingthewillow".

Anyway, I need some distraction so that I don't keep staring at my eBay screen. I've been trying to sell stuff so I can make some spending money to go to Miami and Puerto Rico in a couple of weeks. Who would've thunk it? I'm probably in the top 1% of the country in terms of income and I have no spending money.

Speaking of who would have thunk, I can't believe Jack Bauer's dad is evil and that he killed his own son. Completely random and beside the point but because I get the 24 Podcast and pretty much listen to it religiously I am constantly up to speed on the show (including getting spoilers before the show -- which then always makes me mad because as I'm watching the show I always know what's going to happen). But that's one thing I didn't see coming...

Anyway, I also can't believe it's still cold in this damn city, when is the Spring coming? If the groundhog said there wasn't 6 more weeks of winter, what is there going to be??? What does it mean when the groundhog doesn't predict 6 more weeks of winter? I remember the movie Groundhog Day pretty distinctly and in my job I pretty much feel like I live Groundhog Day every day, but since I'm not from around here and therefore not privvy to some of these traditions I don't quite know what to make of it.

My daughter Gabi doesn't seem to realize that snow means it's cold -- everything seems brighter to her so she assumes it's warm outside and gets really pissed at me when I won't let her out to play. The day care was closed today because of the snow yesterday (took me 4 hours to make it home from work!!!) so we had to stay in all day. The best part was when kids from the neighborhood charged me $15 to plow the snow in the driveway. I know the price is a little steep but I come from a place where you pay everyone to do stuff for you (hence why I have no spending money!) so that was A OK with me. And I got a bad scare when my cleaning lady fell down the stairs because of the snow - am hoping she's ok or else I might get sued?! But nothing beat my daughter eating some snow that my husband brought in from outside in the snow boots he borrowed from me!! I'll post that picture pretty soon but he looks pretty gay with shoes that are 3 sizes too small for him...We also argued about how to make a snowman so I appreciate anyone who has instructions on how to do it for people who are not used to so much snow! I lived in Boston for 4 years but never once thought about making a snowman. Now that I have a baby I guess it would be pretty amusing for her to see one in her own backyard.

Comments

Tom said…
Ivette, your blog is a riot, I showed Meghan the pictures of your daughter, so cute! I hope you get a chance to read this comment among the hundreds of hundreds of other comments :)

Popular posts from this blog

Gigi's Baby Shower

Marketing Jobs