Training

We had this training at work for the last two days which is all about managing your energy for full engagement at work. It basically talks about managing your Energy on 4 different levels (Physical, Emotional, Mental and Spiritual). While I had some "aha moments" regarding all levels of the pyramid, my key takeaway was this: I need to make some changes at work. I am not 100% happy at work right now and this is causing me to have stress levels that are unfortunately spilling over to my home life and affecting my interaction with the kids in particular. I get home at night and I'm exhausted, thinking about all the stuff I still have to do the next day and how I am ever going to find the time to do it all. I am short with the kids, particularly with Gabi who of course is struggling with finding her own voice and that can sometimes lead to what I call "Taurus syndrome" (two very strong heads butting together). I am also stressed out about all the things that need to get done at home too, and it goes without saying that I basically have NO TIME for my husband (at least he's become self-sufficient after the shoulder surgery because there was a time when he was a 3rd kid I had to take care of and that wasn't helping things at all). In any case, all of this needs to change ASAP. I am hoping that by just writing things down it'll help me bring about some positive action that will turn things around for me. Cause the only thing I know for sure (to quote from Oprah) is that the inertia is killing me.

On a positive note, I did reinforce my commitment to exercise. I got home with my friend Ida and we went out for a walk while pushing the double stroller which is no easy feat (probably weighs 75 lbs. between the stroller and the 2 kids and my street is pretty hilly!). So I was proud of myself for that. I will probably need to change some things to my routine once I finish the Flying Pig relay in early May (like adding strength training), but for now I'm doing good on my 10K training schedule. I just hope I can actually run the 6.84 miles on race day (which is more like 11K). After the walk we went out to dinner in Hyde Park Square at Indigo -- we sat outside and had a great time breathing the fresh air! And of course we topped it all off with some Graeters, which didn't do wonders for the PHYSICAL aspect of the training, but definitely for the MENTAL, EMOTIONAL, and SPIRITUAL ones. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gigi's Baby Shower

Marketing Jobs