Swimming

After many months waiting Gabi finally started her swimming classes again this morning. Whereas last year I set outside the heated indoor pool sweating like a pig in a sauna, since I was 8 months pregnant, this year I am the one in the pool with Gabi since Jose is still recovering from shoulder surgery. But now this year we have to bring baby too which makes me feel bad for him because he really looks like he wants to be part of the action too. Maybe when Jose's shoulder is better Jose can hold him in the water.

I've never seen the classes that full though. They needed three teachers to keep up with all the kids when it's usually only been one! They were pretty good with the kids though, so I think gabi will like them. We also saw some repeat parent-kid combos which was nice.

For all my friends with little kids who want to do swimming lessons, I highly recommend the parent and child classes through the Cincinnati Recreation Commission (we go to the Mt. Auburn Pool which is right next to Christ Hospital where I delivered both of my babies). They are $30 for about 10 classes plus the $5 token per person which allows you use of any public pool in the Cincinnati area for the entire 2009 season. And it's really fun for both the kids and the parents (I hate to admit). Babies can start as early as 6 months. The parent and child classes are Saturdays 9-10 which is not bad. Sadly we'll have to miss a couple when we go to Puerto Rico but I figure it's a more than fair trade-off. ;) Just kidding, it doesn't even compare...

As a bonus I think I burned a few extra calories. Although I did eat a huge lunch (which is the subject of another post) so just in case I will need to do my 2 miles today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gigi's Baby Shower

Marketing Jobs