The green plantain


Bueno, bonito y barato. That's how us puerto ricans like to talk about things. There used to be a place up in Hamilton called Santo Domingo Restaurant, a pretty long trek for us but usually worth it. Mostly due to the bueno and the barato, because bonito it was not.

Yesterday I was feeling in the mood for some mofongo so I called Santo Domingo as they usually asked you to place those kind of orders ahead of time to give them enough time to prepare. Then we would get there, proceed to eat like political prisoners and pay like $10 per person.

However when I called yesterday I got a strange response. They answered as "The Green Plantain". While I had heard of this new offering in the Fairfield area I didn't know it had actually replaced Santo Domingo Restaurant. I was actually dubious when they told me, thinking they had stole Santo Domingo's number just to steal their clientele. However when we showed up at "The Green Plantain" I did recognize friendly faces from before.

And the food? It definitely kept the bueno quality, and the new location has significantly helped them on the bonito side too. Which of course means the barato fell by the way side. It's not like it's incredibly expensive, but you definitely can no longer eat like a political prisoner for only $10. Oh well, I guess 2 out of 3 ain't bad according to Meatloaf. So if you want some good Latin fare in a much nicer locale at slightly more expensive prices, head on over to The Green Plantain.

Posted by ShoZu

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gigi's Baby Shower

Marketing Jobs