Alberto comes to town


Gabi finished her summer camp on Friday -- her teachers were already sad despite the fact that it was only a week long! By Friday I had decided I would sign her up for another week in August.  She was super sad on Friday morning that it was all ending and started to say she missed her Cincinnati frieds after she found the bracelet her good friend Andrea gave her as a farewell gift.  I felt so bad for her -- 4 year olds shouldn't suffer from being far away from friends and family but I guess living on the other side of the ocean it's inevitable.  So at least she was happy she's going back for one more week before school officially starts on September 1st.  So she's got one "boring" week this week, next week is Disney, then Spain, then summer camp, then one more "boring" week and then school starts.  Hopefully that's enough activity to keep the homesickness at bay!

Alberto came to visit us yesterday he's in town today for meetings and then headed to Germany.  We picked him up at the airport yesterday morning and then headed straight for Annecy.  We walked around the town and for the first time we saw a farmer's market around the town which looked great.  We bought some bread and headed towards the boats.  We stayed out longer than when we went with Mara but it was a lot chillier and on the way back we were against the wind so we were splashing water everywhere and everything in the boat got soaked.  Poor kids were miserable and now today both Gabi and I look like we might be getting colds. I at least am CRAVING Vitamin C today already had my first dose and am headed for a second dose as soon as I finish this post.  Gabi slept with her winter pajamas and this morning wanted to be all covered up.  Poor thing of course didn't want me to leave for work I was tempted to call in a sick day but with all the work I have and the days off that are coming because of Disney and Spain I can't afford to be out. 

Jose's in Rome today for all day meetings he'll be back late tonight hopefully we can make it through the day without too much fuss or sickness.  And don't even ask me if I'm going to the gym today...I was doing so good at the end of last week and now I'm back to not wanting to go anywhere near a gym machine.

On Saturday we went to the top of Le Saleve. I thought I was going to be scared out of my mind but it wasn's so bad.  The kids absolutely loved it even though Gabi was also saying she didn't want to go up right before.  Definitely a must see, the view from the top was great and one day we'll convince someone who comes to visit to do parasailing from the top because it's sure not going to be me! I took this video of someone taking off just as we got up there. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gigi's Baby Shower

Marketing Jobs