Thanksgiving

Lots of people are doing the "gratitude posts" all over social media this year.  I myself tried to be good about posting something daily on Facebook, and I also downloaded this cute little iPhone app called Gratitude. I'ts pretty obvious that family and friends are usually at the top of the list for most people when it comes to giving thanks this time of year, and I am indeed very grateful for that. But I quickly add a "but" in there -- I am so grateful for spending Thanksgiving with family BUT I wish I could spend more time with them.  Guess it comes with the territory of living away from family.  So I keep trying to find a "BUT-less" gratitude statement and I guess it's this...that my incredible three year old son showed an amazing amount of bravery on Friday evening after getting into a losing battle with his sister and slamming his chin against the corner of a wooden sofa in the apartment we were staying at Tignes, requiring four stitches and a big injection to the cut...while he cried a ton when he actually cut his chin once he was on the doctor's table he didn't move a muscle, he didn't cry and he didn't complain at all.  Then he was so proud of himself he kept telling us he was so brave.  And then when we got to school this morning and a friend asked him "what happened?" he said "You should've seen the other guy".  (coached by his Dad of course).  And that his wonderful older sister felt so concerned for his baby brother she spent the entire time he was at the doctor writing him "get well notes" (she also felt partly responsible about his accident so she had a huge amount of guilt that we had to try to talk her out of!).  So I guess what I'm saying is I'm grateful for how my kids never seize to amaze me. Never ever ever. No buts about that.


I'm also grateful for this amazing view.  I got what seems to have been the flu over the weekend so skiing was out of the question for me; I barely had enough energy on Friday to watch the kids sledding...But once I started feeling better I went out with my sister around Tignes for walking and usually stumbled upon a view or two like this.  The altitude wasn't the only thing that left me breathless!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gigi's Baby Shower

Marketing Jobs