Birthday weekend and "non Labor" Day


Saturday was my birthday. Can't believe I'm 36 now.  On Friday night Jose and I went to this really great restaurant called La Cantine.  We went by bus and it was really cool that part of town where the restaurant is, it sort of felt like I was in Boston (on a nice weather day).  For some reason I always order something to eat and then regret it because it's never quite what I was expecting -- this was especially true when I ordered a shrimp cocktail at an italian restaurant and got something totally different than what I expected. However, at La Cantine it was the first time where I actually got what I expected and absolutely LOVED it.  I got this "pot" that was sort of like mashed potatoes on the top layer and duck on the bottom layer.  It was absolutely divine. And Jose loved his risotto as well, I tried it and liked it too and I'm not even a risotto person. We'll definitely have to take my sister and husband to that place when they come visit in November.  Don't know how the bus ride will be then though if it's too cold.

Saturday morning we went shopping a little so I could get a case for the new iPad Jose got me for a gift, and then we went to the pool in the afternoon although it was too cold to get in.  Gabi didn't mind she's in her mermaid stage but the rest of us just enjoyed the sunshine but didn't go in the pool!  Sunday we went to Excenevex beach and again it eventually warmed up but again it was too cold to go in the water.  Sunday night we went to the circus.  Gabi LOVED most of it (both the animal acts as well as the "performer" acts, but the comedy acts in between were a little boring to all of us since we couldn't understand what was going on).  Sebas hadn't slept so he was a little cranky. But he still loved the animal acts and this morning he kept saying he wanted to go back to the "circle".

Jose had to work yesterday and I attempted to come into work but it's impossible once I drop Gabi off at school it takes me so long to get to the office there's no parking left in the office.  So I said screw it and went home and took Labor Day off since technically I work in the US still.  No fireworks or anything though, so it was a very non-Labor Day Labor Day.  I miss watching the fireworks from next to our house on Golden back in Cincinnati.  The one thing that was truly "Labor Day" about yesterday was that it definitely marked the end of summer.  Today it's 61F degrees and rainy. :(  Hard not to let it affect your mood!  I guess I gotta see it as we were very lucky to get such good weather this weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gigi's Baby Shower

Marketing Jobs