World's Best Countries

Someone shared this link with me on Twitter recently and I come to find out that Switzerland is actually number 2 on that list.  Now it's not surprising that it would rank so high, but it got me thinking...are they really considering all the important factors of being considered one of the world's best countries?  Here are some factors I think they were missing from their analysis which might not tip the scale so much in Switerland's favor:

- Weather: I know there are some people who absolutely LOVE cold weather, can't wait to get out the skiis and whatnot.  But me being a Caribbean bred, I can't help but think that a place that is cold more than 50% of the year should not be all the way at the top! By the way same applies for Finland which came at overall #1.

- Food: Part of living in a great place is finding great food.  While Geneva has so far offered us pretty good fare "I still haven't found what I'm looking for" as U2 would say, mainly a great Mexican restaurant (in Puerto Rico there are tons of great Mexican restaurants which is why Mexican food is one of my favorites). We went to a really crappy place that was supposed to be Mexican here in Geneva and got completely turned off by our first experience. The next time we tried again was in Montreaux and that was actually a pretty good place that I found thanks to Foursquare.  Funny that it was managed by a Chilean but the food was still pretty good.

- Music: I'm sorry but the music here sucks! Jose and I are always so annoyed when we get in the car that all we get is Euro disco crap or French speaking talk shows! Thank goodness for the iPod but the only way I can actually find out what good new music there is on is by listening to Sirius (oline of course because our car doesn't have satellite radio like I used to in the US!).

So net, Newsweek poll, if you could address these three points ahead and turn Switzerland into a warmer place with good Mexican food and good music, I'm sure you could rise up all the way to that coveted #1 spot. And throw a real beach while you're at it will ya? :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gigi's Baby Shower

Marketing Jobs