Interlaken


This weekend we took a two hour trip to a town called Interlaken in the German part of Switzerland (thank goodness everyone pretty much spoke English). On Saturday morning we attempted to go to Jungfrau ("Top of Europe") but we were a bit concerned with my mom and the altitude and also the weather was pretty crappy. So instead we took a 2 hour train ride to Luzern. I think the kids loved the train ride even more than they loved the actual town! Although it was definitely a beautiful place. You can tell that it would be sooo much nicer in better weather.  After having lunch in Luzern we took the 2 hour train ride back and then had dinner and went to sleep. I think every night this weekend we were in bed before 9 pm and slept for like 11 hours!  Sunday morning we drove to Bern but didn't even get out of the car (it was freezing rain and I had started to develop one of my wonderful allergies).  From Bern we drove to Lausanne, had lunch in Lausanne and then drove home.

Overall really beautiful places and a trip which was great but could've been so much better if it wasn't for the crappy weather.  And this is the second bad allergy I get in a week so there's something here that's triggering my allergies and I don't know quite what it is but the doctor said I might have to get re-tested because it's pretty difficult going through every day life with a stupid allergy every week! I think the kids were excited to wear their heavy winter gear for the first time, but I don't know how long it'll take for them to get sick of that. :)

Thursday is Gabi's 5th birthday, we will try to get her present today and on Thursday we'll take cupcakes to school to share with her friends. Then on Sunday we'll have a little party at home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gigi's Baby Shower

Marketing Jobs