Olympics!

Well I'm lucky enough to be able to say I've now been to TWO Olympics! I went in 1996 to Atlanta because I was interning with Amoco in Alpharetta, Georgia and I can't believe it's been so long since then because I promised I would try to go to every Olympics after having such an awesome experience the first time.  But of course I didn't know back then when I made that promise what a difficult feat it is it to be able to go to the Olympics!  In any case, after just a *few* years we made it to London 2012.  We got tickets to the Opening Ceremony (Jose and me), soccer (Jose and Sebas), gymnastics (Gabi, Jose and me) and then the whole family was able to go to field hockey, water polo and beach volleyball.  And what an amazing experience it was!  Not just being in the Games and being in London during such an amazing time.  What always surprises me the most is how nice and cheerful everyone is during an Olympics.  From the people you meet on the street cheering for their country to the volunteers working in the parks the vibe of the Olympics is like no other.  Another incredible thing was being part of the Opening Ceremony -- I think it was definitely one of the highlights of my life. I couldn't stop crying from the moment it started.  What creativity, what genius, what passion!  Below is a little highlight video.


There was another amazing video that they played before every match started which I have been trying to find but haven't been able to.  I don't know if they show it in the televised broadcasts but it always sent shivers down my spine and I wanted to post it on here.

Now we're back in Geneva in the full madness of moving! We've been trying to sort today what goes with us on the plane, what goes via air shipment, and what goes via sea shipment.  This is absolutely my most stressful time ever -- moving for me is at the top of my list of unpleasant things.  I really just want to be settled in to our new home -- which unfortunately isn't going to happen for a while because we probably don't move into our new place until December.  So we'll have to still be living out of boxes until then which I hate but what are you going to do.

Comments

Mandy said…
Glad you had such a great time in London!! Loved looking at all your pictures on FB! I keep praying I'll get to go to Rio!

Don't stress too much about packing!! It's another phase in life and it will be history before you even realize it!!
Unknown said…
Thanks Mandy. So sweet! And if you ever decide to visit peru our doors are always open. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Gigi's Baby Shower

Marketing Jobs