Trying to get settled in...


We are staying at Jose's grandma's house.  House hunting has been tough - prices have gotten crazy expensive in real estate it's almost like Miami before the bubble burst! So of course for the price we are looking for we can't find something great and everything we fall in love with is outside of our price range. :)  We think we will wait for one that's building right now which will be ready in December but then after it's ready we will have to do some remodeling to get a master bedroom out of this area so long story short it'll be a while before we move.  I don't mind living at Jose's grandma's place (too much) but when our furniture (all 200 boxes) arrive I don't know where the heck we're supposed to fit it.  And living out of boxes for a few months is definitely not my cup of tea.  

The kiddos officially started school last week but today was Gabi's first full day.  Thankfully that's one issue we resolved quickly although the only thing is it's a pain in the butt to get to Gabi's school.  Today I drove for the first time to Sebas' school but driving to Gabi's school is still too much of an adventure!  But when I finally buy a car I will have to venture it out I guess!  Another issue is that they both get out at the same time (for the next 3 months) so we need someone to be in one place and someone to be in another place at the same time.  I think we're going to try to get a driver so that the driver can get Gabi since that's more difficult and I can get Sebas.  Then we have lunch at like 1:30 pm which is still an adjustment for me because I get hungry hungry hungry!!!

Jose starts next monday although he will go in today for a couple of hours.  We are still waiting for the air shipment so I'm getting tired of wearing the same clothes over and over again.  :)  

But the kids are soooo happy to have so much family around and they laugh in the face of this so called "winter" (although the fact that the sun doesn't come out definitely starts getting to you, not to mention the allergies are killing me!).

My job situation will take a while - it's a pain in the butt because first we have to register our marriage here since it took place in PR and therefore it's not recognized here.  Then I can get a "foreigner ID" so I can actually get a job.  So between the Peru and PR governments who knows how long that will take!  But in the meantime I'm happy to have the time to hopefully get settled into the new home before starting to work.  

Let the adventure continue!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gigi's Baby Shower

Marketing Jobs