Sunday at Ault Park

Today was the most beautiful day...ever (that's a Mara-ism). The weather forecast said it was going to be a high of 80 degrees. We agreed to go to breakfast because I am a huge breakfast fan but my husband isn't so much so when he goes to play golf on Sundays I go to have breakfast with friends.

Knowing that I was going to do some damage around 9 am I went for a walk from my house to Hyde Park and back - Gabi slept the whole time in her stroller since it was so nice and cool. Now that it's getting warmer that's the best time to walk because during the afternoon it gets too hot. The only problem with Gabi sleeping the whole way was that she skipped her afternoon nap and was pretty beat by the end of the day.

We met at our house and went to Sugar & Spice which is a great little diner that Tariq found on Reading Road. It was Manuel, Gigi, Tariq, Elika, and me and Gabi. Elika ordered chocolate chip pancakes, I ordered banana pancakes, and we shared. The combination of banana and chocolate chips was to die for. But the happiest one of all was Gabi - for some reason the first time we went to Sugar & Spice she fell in love with the head waitress who was there again today, she flirts with her the entire time which is just adorable. Plus she eats not only her own meal but also everyone else's leftovers. I think she had more pancakes than the rest of us put together.

After Sugar & Spice we thought the day was so nice we wanted to stay outside, so we went to Ault Park and just hung out there for a couple of hours. Gabi was so excited about all the dogs in the park, she wanted to meet every last one of them. I hope she doesn't want to get a dog anytime soon though. After we got tired of Ault Park I said how'bout Graeter's, and idea of course hugely popular, especially since we have a pregnant woman among us (I'm afraid I'm officially a Graeter's addict). Really the pregnant lady is just an excuse for the rest of us ice cream addicts (i.e. me). At Graeter's there were even more dogs for Gabi to play with, and even more good food (theme of the day!).

The best end to the day was seeing the Hoyas come back from what seemed like sure defeat to beat UNC and make it to the Final Four. Let's go Hoyas! I really do hope they go all the way. And another huge plus to the day was not having to deal with the garden snakes...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gigi's Baby Shower

Marketing Jobs