Ladies who do tea

It's official...I'm a "lady who does tea". On Saturday afternoon we had "high tea" at The Bonbonerie, one of the cutest places in Cincinnati. We went to celebrate the Cincinnati edition of Elika's wedding shower (Elika will probably have like 5 wedding shower/bachelorette parties when everything is said and done!). Originally we were going to be six but we ended up being only three - Elika, Gigi and I (pictured above). Mara decided she'd rather be skiing with her brother, Monica was on her way to Mexico, and Bea had to babysit like 5 kids (yikes!).

Even though the first time I went to The Bonbonerie with friends of mine from work like Kandis and Tom they said that the food was too fancy and gross (where's the mac and cheese they asked), I thought it was delish. When you first get the tray of finger sandwiches and pastries you think this is never going to fill me up. But somehow little by little you keep eating those fantastic scones, cream puffs, vegetable sandwiches and chocolate cakes and by the end of it you're stuffed. My tea was great as well - spicy at the same time as fruity. The fact that you get a big pot of tea I think also helps with the filling up. Even Gigi who's pregnant and therefore harder to please from a filling up standpoint said she was stuffed. The owner was really nice to us, she kept offering to take pictures of us. It's just the type of place where you can't help but leave with a smile...

After tea we went to the pastry shop adjacent and saw beautiful cakes, cookies and miniature tea sets, I wanted to buy everything! I wish I was getting married again here in Cincinnati so I could get one of those beautiful wedding cakes. Which by the way, then we went to this stationery store next door to the tea room and they have the most beautiful invites for every occasion you can imagine. Which made me add to my list of things I would do if I didn't need the money...own a stationery store. I just go ga-ga over those beautiful invites for weddings, baby showers, baby announcements, birthday parties, etc.

We said we'd try to do it once a month, I hope this is a tradition that we do keep up. After all, the guys have tee time every Sunday, why can't we have tea time every month? :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gigi's Baby Shower

Marketing Jobs