Barcelona Tapas

We went to Indianapolis this weekend because my sister's husband Tom got the guys tickets and a VIP suite for the Formula One race. We got there Saturday afternoon after saying adieu to our dear friend Mara and going to Jose's soccer game. We got there in time for dinner, which we reserved for at Barcelona Tapas in downtown Indianapolis. We parked at the Omni hotel and walked all the way to the restaurant which was a great 10-15 min. walk. The city was abuzz with the most diverse group I've seen this side of the country, all kinds of European guys (mostly) out to see Formula One racing at the US Grand Prix. Anyway, the restaurant experience was great, pretty close to the real Spanish thing. The sangria was great, and we particularly loved the "boquerones" and the "croquetas", of which we got multiple orders. It was a shame they didn't have the churros for dessert because I really wanted to try those. But I guess my weight will thank me for that later. The ambiance was really cool, I don't know if it was just because of Formula One or it'll be like that ongoing (the place just opened like a month ago). I even ran into an old college buddy of mine at the bar who I hadn't seen for over 10 years. Here I am with my real Spanish friend Jero (no not Borat, Jero), who gave his seal of approval for the whole affair, he couldn't believe we were in Indianapolis, Indiana eating real Spanish food surrounded by a bunch of European guys in Ferrari shirts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gigi's Baby Shower

Marketing Jobs