Class Picnic


Gabriela had her class picnic yesterday. It was the cutest thing you'll ever see. Even though my husband tried to bribe me with an iPhone, that's how bad he didn't want to go. And now that I saw Manuel's iPhone I really want one even though I know it's totally overpriced and they'll come out with a better cheaper one six months from now.

Anyway, we were supposed to bring food and then a dessert. But of course we woke up so late because on weekends we like to sleep in so we're already running like an hour late for the thing and I'm fuming and we try to go to the Hyde Park Graeter's to get the ice cream cake but there's some race going on there so we have to go to the Graeter's in Mariemont and we said screw it to getting our own food we're way too late we'll throw in a couple of snacks for Gabi to make sure she at least gets to eat and we'll have ice cream cake for lunch! When we try to cut the ice cream cake we of course only have plastic knives and they're not doing their thing with the ice cream cake very well so I had to run out to a gas station to get scissors to cut the cake (because they didn't have knives) but by the time I get back people had already figured out how to use their plastic knives so the ice cream cake was happily almost all gone.

Lesson learned: don't ever listen to your husband when he says he doesn't want to do something that's related to the kids. If it was up to them, we would never do anything. Lesson two: always carry a knife unless of course you're flying.

In any case, Gabi had a wonderful time eat the picnic and so did we cause all the other parents are really super nice. I am definitely inviting all of them to Gabi's 2nd birthday. The best part is that now that Gabi's BFF Lia wears bows all the time, Gabi is starting to let me put bows on her too. One of these days I'll have a picture of Gabi wearing a bow...

Even Jose said when we were leaving "this wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, definitely not worth getting an iPhone over..." Men, gotta love'em. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gigi's Baby Shower

Marketing Jobs