La Granja Azul

Today we took our first day trip to La Granja Azul.  We'd been wanting to go to this place for a while but during our Christmas vacations we just never spend enough time here to be able to make it out.  So today the kids were so excited to get out we were there half an hour before we opened, which was a great thing because that way we could play around and then have lunch before the crowds descended upon the place.  The kids loved it so maybe we can celebrate Gabi's seventh birthday here.



The best part about the trip was that it was totally sunny and warm, 180 degrees from the weather in Lima.  In a previous post I mocked the Lima winter but we are no longer laughing in its face.  Between my allergies and a terrible cold which kicked Sebas' butt all last week we have now come to respect the Lima winter.  I think the biggest issue is the lack of heating inside houses most of the time I'm totally freezing in Jose's grandma's house!  Hopefully once we move into our new apartment there is better insulation from the cold (plus it'll be summer in Lima by the time we move anyway!).

Speaking of my allergies, I had to finally go to the allergist because I had pretty much had allergies an average of every other day since arriving in Lima.  There were days where after sneezing for so long I didn't have the energy to do anything except lie in bed at 6 pm and wait for the next day so the allergy would be gone.  Good thing is sneezing that much is a great ab workout!  But what's really frustrating is that I've just gone through a combined 3 years of allergy shots between Cincinnati and Geneva and when I left Geneva I was finishing up my 2 year allergy shot regimen and the allergist there told me he thought I was pretty much cured.  So this much sneezing is definitely not normal and gets very tiresome after a while.  So on Friday the doctor gave me a medication regimen for 10 days and he said he'll see me in a month.  Hopefully I don't need to go into allergy shot land again because I don't think I have the energy for another 2 year round of shots every two weeks.  Especially if it's going to be a moot exercise if I move somewhere else after 2 years!

Yesterday I ran the most I've ever run in my life.  About 17.5 miles in about 3.5 hours.  Boy what a mental test that was, and of course I've been pigging out since which totally defeats the purpose!  But I feel very proud of having made it that far.  I'm not running a marathon any time soon but Jose's cousin and wife are training so I'm going with them for their long runs which is the only reason why I actually finish the long runs, if I was alone I think I would quit after an hour! They're doing the Chicago Marathon the 1st week of October so thankfully it's time to start tapering off, so for now 17.5 miles will have to remain my personal record.  I'm OK with that. :)

Tomorrow I will stand in line for hours to buy Lady Gaga tickets.  Taking my Kindle with me for sure!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gigi's Baby Shower

Marketing Jobs