La Querencia

Since I might start working soon (hopefully!) and not able to go to the kids' school's activities too frequently I am trying to go to anything I can now before that happens.  So when the class mom asked for volunteers for Gabi's school trip yesterday I gladly accepted.  Seems like the kids have grown up/matured a little bit vs. the last time I took kids that school age to a field trip which was probably back in June in Geneva.  The boys seemed better behaved and all kids in general seemed to follow instructions better.  But maybe that's a Geneva vs. Peru phenomenon?

In any case, this field trip I think was more of a treat for me than it was for the kids and I enjoyed every single moment of it!  I haven't been to a proper animal farm in so long.  They had so many cows and all kinds of chickens from varieties I hadn't even heard about.  We saw the chickens and the geese and ducks taking care of their eggs, we saw cuy which is the local "guinea pig" that people eat a lot of, llamas, baby calfs (we even named and baptized one!), 9-month pregnant cows, in short, all kinds of interesting farms animals.  The kids also made butter and then we saw a compost pile and planted some sunflower seeds.  I feel like it's been so long since I was out in the open air like that so I enjoyed myself so much.  Of course I was exhausted at the end of the day but it was totally worth it.

Here's a sample pic (of the cuys) and the link to my iCloud photo stream, which hasn't been talked about nearly enough but is my favorite part about iOS6!  By contrast, posting a bunch of pictures from a field trip like this to Facebook straight from the iPhone doesn't feel like it's very user-friendly anymore.  Maybe it never was or maybe it's compared to the iCloud photo stream which is so darn easy.


This weekend the government forced a 4-day weekend because there is some major international conference on Oct. 1 and 2 and they don't want a lot of chaos in the city of Lima.  So we're going to a place called Paracas (1st time so I'll post about it afterwards!).  Then on Oct. 4th I'm off to Puerto Rico with Sebas for my 20th year high school reunion.  Crazy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gigi's Baby Shower

Marketing Jobs