Memories of Memorial Day Weekend

So since I have to talk myself into how great of a time I had here instead of being in Tuscany with Ida & Lety, I decided to highlight my weekend so I can look back often and see how great of a place Cincinnati is, and how yes I might have had the time of my life in Tuscany, but there's a life here too. And as they said in Shawshank Redemption, "get busy living or get busy dying". Gosh that was depressing. Anyway, here's what we did this weekend.

On Friday night we went to Teller's for dinner and then Graeter's for dessert. At Graeter's we bumped into Gabi's BBF and spent like an hour outside of Graeter's just watching them do what BFF's do. I hope Lia continues to be Gabi's BBF for a while because they are just adorable together.


On Saturday the girls and I went to Findlay Market. It was my first time so it was great to experience. First we went shopping through the whole market and then we sat down for coffee and snacks while Gabi tried to avoid the paparazzi.



Then we went outside again and just sat there people watching. It was a little bit hot but still fun, especially seeing the kids dancing to the tune of the sax player. Check it out.



We also took a wonderful picture of all the girls together. It's amazing how every single one of us came out great in the picture, especially considering we had 3 babies in there which usually guarantees at least the child and his/her mother are not looking at the camera when the picture's taken.


After Findlay Market we headed over to Taste of Cincinnati . It was my first time too, and it was kind of a good thing to do "once in your life". In other words, I wouldn't necessarily do it all the time (particularly because it flies in the face of any diet attempts I might be making) plus it's really kinda small compared to other "Tastes" like the Chicago one, but it was still worth experiencing.


On Saturday night we went to Mary's farewell part in Mt. Adams, although I forgot to take pictures. :(


On Sunday morning Gabi and I went to have breakfast and then Target while Jose played golf. Then we met up at Alberto and Bea's for Bea's famous arepas. Here's Bea explaining to everyone how the arepas work, it was pretty amusing.



At the "arepada" Gabi thoroughly enjoyed herself hanging out with the girls in the jacuzzi.


By Monday we were absolutely exhausted. Jose wanted to go to Columbus shopping but we had neither the energy or the money to go through with it. So we went to the Butterfly Show, which was really cute. Then we went home and rested up. So I guess this weekend was pretty eventful, we did many things we had never tried before (Findlay Market, Taste of Cincinnati , Butterfly Show). But yes of course, I still wish I had been in Tuscany with Lety & Ida, can you blame me? I'm still making the best I can out of Cincinnati, which is the important part.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gigi's Baby Shower

Marketing Jobs