Mother's Day Massacre

I don't have anything funny or pithy to talk about, except that I'm mad that I had to pay $1500 to get my car maintenance yesterday. It was all a bunch of stuff I knew I had to do since a long time ago, but I'd just never taken the time. So I won't bore you with "$1500 for car maintenance...knowing your daughter is safe in your car...priceless" crap. I had to get 3 tires replaced, front and back brakes replaced, alignment, air filter changed, you name it I had to get it. At least the "check engine soon" light that had come on earlier this week didn't result in some major engine trouble because otherwise the bill would have probably added up to like $3000 instead of a "measly" $1500. I guess the car is going on 4 years this year, so all this stuff was bound to come up soon enough. But the title of the blog relates to how my cash flow has been massacred in the last month, between the $4100 for Uncle Sam, the $4000 we had to pay for our Christmas 2007 plane tickets to Peru (now that we'll have to pay for Gabriela) and the $1500 I just spent on the car. Oh, plus the little shopping trip to Target yesterday, but that can't be helped now can it? If you need Tide, you need Tide!

Our realtor also called this morning saying we're basically screwed, that lots of people are coming through the house to see it but nobody's in the "buying mode". My husband says we should put our current house on the market and see which one goes first, but I just can't bear the thought of leaving this house I have come to love so much.

On a happier note, I got a new camera for Mother's Day. I kinda feel guilty about my husband spending so much money on the latest and greatest Sony model, but it is WAY better than my previous one and cameras are basically my life so I know I'll use it a ton.

We were in the pool yesterday which was really nice, but now today there's a cold front so we won't be using it again until probably next weekend.

Other than that we tried a new restaurant on Friday, Bella Luna. Well it's not new but "if you haven't eaten there it's new to you!". It was AWESOME. Yesterday we went to good "old faithful" Beluga to celebrate Mara's birthday and I got her some really cute stuff for school. Countdown to her leaving is 5 weeks so now I'm fully in denial, I don't want to think about it at all. Today we went to Echo for Mother's Day thinking it would be empty because people would go to fancier places to celebrate Mother's Day, but boy were we wrong! It was still good though although it was pretty crazy. From reading this blog you would think all we do is eat, and you'd pretty much be right. :)

Here's us at Echo chatting away (well at least I'm chatting away...as usual!). It's not Sex and the City I'll tell you that much. Oh and by the way, the video was taken with my new Sony DSC-T100 which I got from Jose for Mother's Day, it's exactly what I want it and I absolutely love it! It's got the most awesome features of any camera...ever. And no, Sony's not paying me to say that, I'm just a Sony loyalist, as well as a Nokia loyalist although that's beside the point. Actually if you can understand the audio you'll hear my yapping about how I'm not a brand whore I just think Sony makes really good cameras.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gigi's Baby Shower

Marketing Jobs